Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Group Project

When we did the self portrait project, we were relating ourselves to the internet. As an active online gamer, that is easy to do as my presence on the internet is more me than me in real life. If you google me, you won't be able to find me. But if you google my online persona, it's the first result you get. Both the self portrait and my part of the group project reflect that.

Of the sites we've looked at as part of our net.art research, the ones that have influenced the development of my part of the group project are as follows:

Halbeath. I liked the use solely of flash, and the addition of sound. I wouldn't have sound in mine if not for that site more than likely. Also their use of real world photography influenced my decision to use the waterfalls outside of Portland, Oregon (these are pictures I took there in 2007) as the location for my character.

a number of the sites, from Superbad to the Bomb Project used the "click around" approach to guiding you through the content, which led me to likewise us that approach to advance through different portions of the narrative..

No comments:

Post a Comment